Sites We Like
Blogs and Social Media
- Our facebook page.
- The Long Term Ecological Research Network also has a blog at: http://longtermresearch.blogspot.com/.
- Diatom of the Month has moved to http://youngisdr.blogspot.co.
- Robert Sobczak, at Big Cypress National Preserve, keeps us updated on all things hydrology at http://www.gohydrology.org/.
- One of our own, Rebecca Garvoille, also blogs for the Anthropology and Environment Society at http://www.aaanet.org/sections/ae/index.php/category/engagement-blog/.
- Nate Lemoine, graduate student in Marine Biology, blogs about the effects of climate change on ecological communities at http://climateecology.wordpress.com/author/climateecology/ .
- Former FIU post-doc Eric Sokol talks about his work in Antarctica at http://biologistsinantarctica.blogspot.com/.
- EarthSky Blog. www.earthsky.org
- Coastal Angler Science Team at cast.fiu.edu.
- Odyssey Earth: Encounters in Excellence http://www.odysseyearth.com/
- The Encounters in Excellence program consists of a series of film lectures on natural history topics. Based in Miami, Florida, much of the focus is on the incredible biodiversity of Biscayne Bay, the Everglades and the surrounding environments. The action-packed films are projected in school auditoriums using digital projectors and are narrated in person by the filmmakers. Students are encouraged to interact with the filmmaker after the program with a question and answer period. There is no other series like it in the United States